The fire broke out in the morning in the basement of a 2-storey building in the Kamil Ocak Mahallesi in Ankara’s Keçiören district, where İmran Güngör (55) lived with her sons and grandchildren. The neighbors who noticed the fumes made the first response to the fire, which was estimated to have come out of the electrical contact.
Sakine Çakmak, who entered with the breaking of the door, managed to take Yunus Emre out of the room covered with smoke. Meanwhile, the firefighters intervened in the fire. The fire was put out in a short time. The teams that went inside took Sudenaz Güngör and his grandmother İmran Güngör out.
The two brothers and their grandmother, to whom the medical teams first responded, were later taken to the hospital by ambulance. Sudenaz Güngör died despite the intervention of doctors at the hospital. The treatment of Yunus Emre Güngör and İmran Güngör continues.
‘I WENT OUT WITH THE BIG CHILD’
Sakine Çakmak, who saved Yunus Emre by diving into the smoke during the fire, told about those moments. Çakmak explained that he left the house when he noticed the fire and said, “There was an older brother, I wanted him to break the door, he broke it. I went in and took the older child and went outside, he was crying. I never saw the little boy.”
On the other hand, it was learned that the father of the children who lived apart from his wife during the fire was at work. An investigation into the fire has been initiated.